Thursday, April 09, 2020

childhood memory - neighbour

   Observatory Road 10/04/2020


I lived in Kimberley Street of Tsim Sha Tsui as a kid.  It has become well known as Korean Street now. We have a divorced woman and her adopted son  living upstairs as friend. She had offerred help in getting my cousin sister into primary school, which was the school her son was attending. It  was quite difficult for immigrant children to find  a school as  social service was not as convinient as present. My sister, my cousin brothers and I all attend this school later. She was a generous lady but quite hot tempered. She would bring her son to a park nearby to play after school.  My cousin sister and me sometimes join and have tea snacks with them in a  cafe at the Observatory Street opposite, which was a luxurious treat to us.    Her son was an outgoing talkative boy. Sometimes too naughty and got hard spanks from his mother. He  liked to get attetion and often make up funny jokes to amuse us. They left Hong Kong and went  to England at 1983.

No comments: